About This Course
Securing Windows Server 2016 course covers the topic of enhancing the security of the IT infrastructure in detail. At the start, this course focuses on the importance of assuming that network breaches have occurred already, and then goes on to brief the students on how to rectify the breach and protect administrative credentials and rights to make sure that the system administrator can perform the necessary tasks to avoid such occurrences in future.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Secure Windows Server.
- Protect credentials and implement privileged access workstations.
- Limit administrator rights with Just Enough Administration(VMM).
- Manage privileged access.
- Mitigate malware and threats.
- Analyze activity with advanced auditing and log analytics.
- Deploy and configure Advanced Threat Analytics and Microsoft Operations Management Suite.
- Configure Guarded Fabric virtual machines (VMs).
- Use the Security Compliance Toolkit (SCT) and containers to improve security.
- Plan and protect data.
- Optimize and secure file services.
- Secure network traffic with firewalls and encryption.
- Secure network traffic by using DNSSEC and Message Analyzer.
Module 1: Implementing Server Hardening
Configure disk and file encryption
Implement server patching and updating solutions
Implement Control Flow Guard
Create security baselines
Module 2: Secure a Virtualization Infrastructure
Implement a Guarded Fabric solution
Implement shielded and encryption –supported VM’s
Module 3: Secure a Network infrastructure
Configure windows Firewall
Implement a software-defined Distributed Firewall
Secure network traffic
Module 4: Manage Privileged Identities
Implement Just in Time administration
Implement Just Enough administration
LAPS client deployment
Module 5: Implement threat detection solution
Configure advanced audit policies
Configure the audit PNP activity policy
Install and configure Microsoft advanced threat analytics
Install and Configure ATA Gateway on a Dedicated Server
Module 6: Implement Workload specific security
Install and configure Nano Server
Configure Windows Remote Management
Windows Server 2016 and Docker